Cart is empty
To achieve the best fit, you should know your body measurements and match them to Shadowline's sizing guide below. Measure around your body at fullest part of bust, keeping tape under arms and fairly level front to back. (Larger busted women will have a more accurate reading if bra is worn during measurement.) Measure around hips at fullest spot (approx. 9" below waist). Stand with heels together.
Tips for getting the correct size are at the bottom of this page.
|(Measurements are in inches)||SMALL||MED||LARGE||EXTRA SIZES|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53|
|Alpha-Sized (except panties)||XS||S||S||M||L||L||XL-1X||2X||2X||3X||3X|
|Numeric-Sized (except panties)||32||34||36||38||40||42||44||46||48||50|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24|
How to Get the Correct Size:
- Measure your body and find measurements in chart at top. Follow that straight down to find the best Shadowline size for you.
- Bust measurements are more important for garments with looser, flowing bottoms such as gowns or sleepshirts.
- Hip measurements are more important for garments with closer fitting bottoms like slips, pajamas and panties.
- If one of your measurements falls in a larger size or you prefer very loose garments, you may be more comfortable in a larger size.
- Shadowline sizes our apparel for generous comfort, so if you prefer your clothing snug, you may prefer a smaller size.
- Slip lengths are measured from the waist down - nightgowns and sleepshirts from the shoulder down.
- Bra size is NOT the same thing as bust size. You can convert by adding bra size (i.e., 34, 36, etc.) to cup size in inches (A=1", B=2", C=3", D=4", DD=5") (i.e., 34C Bra=37" Bust) but measuring is the most accurate method.