Using a fabric tape measure, obtain body measurements as follows and compare to the size chart below.
BUST: Measure around your body at fullest part of bust, keeping tape under arms and fairly level front to back. Larger busted women will have a more accurate reading if bra is worn during measurement.
WAIST: Measure around your natural waistline holding the tape comfortably loose.
HIPS: Stand with heels together. Measure around hips at fullest part (approx. 9″ below waist).
Tips for getting the correct size are at the bottom of this page:
|(Measurements are in inches)||SMALL||MED||LARGE||EXTRA SIZES|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53|
|Alpha-Sized (except panties)||XS||S||S||M||L||L||XL-1X||2X||2X||3X||3X|
|Numeric-Sized (except panties)||32||34||36||38||40||42||44||46||48||50|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24|
|(Measurements are in inches)||Small||Med||Large||Extra Sizes|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53||55||57||59|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24||26||26||28|
Additional sizing tips:
- Bust measurements are more important for full slips, camisoles and garments with loose, flowing bottoms such as nightgowns or sleepshirts.
- Hip measurements are more important for garments with closer fitting bottoms like slips, pajamas and panties.
- If one of your measurements falls in a larger size or you prefer very loose garments, you may be more comfortable in selecting a larger size.
- Shadowline sizes garments for generous comfort. If you prefer your clothing form fitting, you may want to order a smaller size.
- Slip lengths (full and half slips) are measured from the waist down – nightgowns and sleepshirts are measured from the shoulder down.
- Bra size is NOT the same thing as bust size. Generally, you can convert by adding bra band size (i.e., 34, 36, etc.) to cup size in inches (A=1″, B=2″, C=3″, D=4″, DD=5″). For example, a 34C Bra size = 37″ Bust measurement. Measuring your body is the most accurate method for sizing.