View additional reviews or add your own!
Using a fabric tape measure, obtain body measurements as follows and compare to the size chart below.
BUST: Measure around your body at fullest part of bust, keeping tape under arms and fairly level front to back. Larger busted women will have a more accurate reading if bra is worn during measurement.
WAIST: Measure around your natural waistline holding the tape comfortably loose.
HIPS: Stand with heels together. Measure around hips at fullest part (approx. 9″ below waist).
Tips for getting the correct size are at the bottom of this page:
|(Measurements are in inches)||SMALL||MED||LARGE||EXTRA SIZES|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53|
|Alpha-Sized (except panties)||XS||S||S||M||L||L||XL-1X||2X||2X||3X||3X|
|Numeric-Sized (except panties)||32||34||36||38||40||42||44||46||48||50|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24|
|(Measurements are in inches)||Small||Med||Large||Extra Sizes|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53||55||57||59|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24||26||26||28|
We have kept the original Dixie Belle panty sizing, which fits a little smaller than Shadowline panties. Once you know your Shadowline panty size (check our size chart at the top of the page if you’re unsure), you can use the comparison chart below to find your equivalent size in Dixie Belle:
Additional sizing tips:
- Bust measurements are more important for full slips, camisoles and garments with loose, flowing bottoms such as nightgowns or sleepshirts.
- Hip measurements are more important for garments with closer fitting bottoms like slips, pajamas and panties.
- If one of your measurements falls in a larger size or you prefer very loose garments, you may be more comfortable in selecting a larger size.
- Shadowline sizes garments for generous comfort. If you prefer your clothing form fitting, you may want to order a smaller size.
- Slip lengths (full and half slips) are measured from the waist down – nightgowns and sleepshirts are measured from the shoulder down.
- Bra size is NOT the same thing as bust size. Generally, you can convert by adding bra band size (i.e., 34, 36, etc.) to cup size in inches (A=1″, B=2″, C=3″, D=4″, DD=5″). For example, a 34C Bra size = 37″ Bust measurement. Measuring your body is the most accurate method for sizing.
- All of our products are listed in US sizing. Shopping from abroad? Use the conversion chart below to find your US size equivalent:
Anonymous (verified owner) –
love Shadowline been wearing the brand for many years
Wylene W. (verified owner) –
Height: : 5"4
Age: : 80 now but been wearing decades
I have been wearing these camisoles for years, mind was beginning to show wear so I am happy to get to purchase more.
Judy (verified owner) –
The Lace Trim Camisole I order was well made and fit perfectly. I am very pleased with this item and will definitely order more.
Marshall (verified owner) –
Age: : 92
Perfect fit, exactly what I ordered
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Height: : 5'3"
Age: : older
This is a nice cami, no support for me but it does at least have cups. It washes beautifully and is well made. The fabric is silky which means it does not cling to your cotton knit tops etc! Great!
I would like it better if it had a very LIGHT lining in the cups. The stitching under the cups is very slightly irritating, not enough to not wear it but a factor. The straps do not adjust but are stretchy and stay on my shoulders well.
All in all I am happy to have found this!
Kenny (verified owner) –
I’ve always loved Shadowline camisoles. This one is great too. The straps make it stay in place all the time, the nylon is super!
Kemi (verified owner) –
The best camisole ever. Definitely recommend
Nancy Lee Purington (verified owner) –
This is the best camisole I have worn. It is comfortable as the straps are soft and adjust naturally to movements. It has enough uplift to be comfortable with or without a bra.
Katie Grencewicz (verified owner) –
Shadowline camisole 22014 size 44 fits me well and I am in the 1X – 2X range in shirt sizes.
Peggy W. –
I have worn these camisoles for years and wouldn’t have any other brand! They fit perfectly and the straps stay in place.