View additional reviews or add your own!
Using a fabric tape measure, obtain body measurements as follows and compare to the size chart below.
BUST: Measure around your body at fullest part of bust, keeping tape under arms and fairly level front to back. Larger busted women will have a more accurate reading if bra is worn during measurement.
WAIST: Measure around your natural waistline holding the tape comfortably loose.
HIPS: Stand with heels together. Measure around hips at fullest part (approx. 9″ below waist).
Tips for getting the correct size are at the bottom of this page:
|(Measurements are in inches)||SMALL||MED||LARGE||EXTRA SIZES|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53|
|Alpha-Sized (except panties)||XS||S||S||M||L||L||XL-1X||2X||2X||3X||3X|
|Numeric-Sized (except panties)||32||34||36||38||40||42||44||46||48||50|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24|
|(Measurements are in inches)||Small||Med||Large||Extra Sizes|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53||55||57||59|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24||26||26||28|
We have kept the original Dixie Belle panty sizing, which fits a little smaller than Shadowline panties. Once you know your Shadowline panty size (check our size chart at the top of the page if you’re unsure), you can use the comparison chart below to find your equivalent size in Dixie Belle:
Additional sizing tips:
- Bust measurements are more important for full slips, camisoles and garments with loose, flowing bottoms such as nightgowns or sleepshirts.
- Hip measurements are more important for garments with closer fitting bottoms like slips, pajamas and panties.
- If one of your measurements falls in a larger size or you prefer very loose garments, you may be more comfortable in selecting a larger size.
- Shadowline sizes garments for generous comfort. If you prefer your clothing form fitting, you may want to order a smaller size.
- Slip lengths (full and half slips) are measured from the waist down – nightgowns and sleepshirts are measured from the shoulder down.
- Bra size is NOT the same thing as bust size. Generally, you can convert by adding bra band size (i.e., 34, 36, etc.) to cup size in inches (A=1″, B=2″, C=3″, D=4″, DD=5″). For example, a 34C Bra size = 37″ Bust measurement. Measuring your body is the most accurate method for sizing.
- All of our products are listed in US sizing. Shopping from abroad? Use the conversion chart below to find your US size equivalent:
Kenneth (verified owner) –
Height: : Great
Age: : I bought this for my wife and she loves it…
Great length and feel. Very comfortable sleep ware.
Bonnie (verified owner) –
Height: : 5' 5"
Age: : 76
This is the first time I have ever bought a silk nighty and I love it. It’s so comfortable and fits perfectly. It’s very pretty too. After sleeping in it every night, it doesn’t even wrinkle either. I love it and have ordered 2 more in the other colors available! Dealing with this company is also very easy and the item came very fast.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Height: : 5 ft 9 inches
Age: : 53
Excellent quality. Highly recommend to others.
Marsha (verified owner) –
Love this chemise nightgown; so soft, silky and comfortable! I purchased it in blue, navy & black. Wish it came in off white, pink or magenta color. I would definitely purchase it again!
dianawestberg (verified owner) –
Quality is excellent. Smooth, satiny, and decorated with pretty, (non-itchy) lace. Definitely a staple item in any sleepwear wardrobe!
Noticed though, it runs a bit smaller than the traditional Shadowline line of sleepwear. If you like the oversized Shadowline fit, probably order a size up. It’s not snug, just more tailored in fit.