View additional reviews or add your own!
Using a fabric tape measure, obtain body measurements as follows and compare to the size chart below.
BUST: Measure around your body at fullest part of bust, keeping tape under arms and fairly level front to back. Larger busted women will have a more accurate reading if bra is worn during measurement.
WAIST: Measure around your natural waistline holding the tape comfortably loose.
HIPS: Stand with heels together. Measure around hips at fullest part (approx. 9″ below waist).
Tips for getting the correct size are at the bottom of this page:
|(Measurements are in inches)||SMALL||MED||LARGE||EXTRA SIZES|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53|
|Alpha-Sized (except panties)||XS||S||S||M||L||L||XL-1X||2X||2X||3X||3X|
|Numeric-Sized (except panties)||32||34||36||38||40||42||44||46||48||50|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24|
|(Measurements are in inches)||Small||Med||Large||Extra Sizes|
|Bust (not bra size)||35½||36½||38||39½||42||43||45||47||49||51||53||55||57||59|
|Comparable Dress Sizes||8||10||10||12-14||16-18||16-18||20||22||22||24||24||26||26||28|
We have kept the original Dixie Belle panty sizing, which fits a little smaller than Shadowline panties. Once you know your Shadowline panty size (check our size chart at the top of the page if you’re unsure), you can use the comparison chart below to find your equivalent size in Dixie Belle:
Additional sizing tips:
- Bust measurements are more important for full slips, camisoles and garments with loose, flowing bottoms such as nightgowns or sleepshirts.
- Hip measurements are more important for garments with closer fitting bottoms like slips, pajamas and panties.
- If one of your measurements falls in a larger size or you prefer very loose garments, you may be more comfortable in selecting a larger size.
- Shadowline sizes garments for generous comfort. If you prefer your clothing form fitting, you may want to order a smaller size.
- Slip lengths (full and half slips) are measured from the waist down – nightgowns and sleepshirts are measured from the shoulder down.
- Bra size is NOT the same thing as bust size. Generally, you can convert by adding bra band size (i.e., 34, 36, etc.) to cup size in inches (A=1″, B=2″, C=3″, D=4″, DD=5″). For example, a 34C Bra size = 37″ Bust measurement. Measuring your body is the most accurate method for sizing.
- All of our products are listed in US sizing. Shopping from abroad? Use the conversion chart below to find your US size equivalent:
Allyson (verified owner) –
Height: : 5 ft 3 in
Age: : 50
This gown is so cute and comfortable. I just wish they had more colors to choose from. Great quality!!!!
Dan L (verified owner) –
Height: : 5' 9"
Age: : 70+
This was a gift for my wonderful wife. She LOVED it! The fit was nice & relaxed and the material is very comfortable. It’s a little pricey but in the end, likely well worth it for those seeking comfort & modesty.
Mrs h. (verified owner) –
Height: : 5 3
Age: : 63
Excellent product I have been buying Shadowline for years. Wish the true babydoll shortie was still available.
Bev V. (verified owner) –
Height: : 5’8”
Age: : 69
Love it! Just what I wanted!
Rachel (verified owner) –
I love this gown!
TAMARA (verified owner) –
Height: : 5'6"
Age: : 57
Absolutely love this gown and have ordered another in a different color, so comfortable and light, the length is perfect
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Height: : 5'8"
Age: : 63
Lovely nightie, soft and sheer, love the nylon Shadowline carries.
Anonymous (verified owner) –
Height: : 5’10”
Age: : 70
I have always bought this gown in the long version before. Love this shorter version!
jal1023 (verified owner) –
I love these gowns. I discovered them a few years ago and now I have 4 long Beloved, 2 long Rosebud, 2 Rosebud bathrobes, and now with my current order, 3 Beloved short gowns. They are all so comfortable in all seasons and no matter how many times they are washed and worn they always look new. And as a bonus, there take up hardly any room in a suitcase. As others have mentioned, I do wish there were some new colors in the Beloved collection. I did manage to get a magenta one a few years ago, but otherwise it’s just black, blue and pink…ho hum.
I love these babydoll nite gowns. I’ve worn then for at least 20 years. I am tired of the same colors. They need to come up with new colors
Kenny (verified owner) –
Just a dream to wear. I love the fabric. Soft and sensuous. I’d like to have more colors to choose from!
Recommend to anyone
Adrienne (verified owner) –
Love! I have this Beloved short style chemise in the magenta & blue colors, thrilled to finally see it being offered in black. It’s wonderfully lightweight & the fabric is non clinging. It’s cut to be free flowing, not snug. I ordered my usual 1x and it fits perfectly. I’vd had mine for years and they still look great. I hand wash them then hang to dry.